Sunday, April 9, 2006

FELINE FRIDAY

I found this Blog, thanks to Val at; http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason/entries/1673

Feline Friday is at; http://sepintx.blogspot.com/2006/04/feline-friday.html

I'm using a picture of my Gabi Lin, taken a couple months ago. She loves to sit on the back of the recliner and check out the bird & squirrel activity in the front yard.  Gabi was found by the Human Society abandoned on the streets of Seattle, last August.  She was dirty, matted flea infeasted & malnourished.  The Human Society people took her to a lady that raises Persians & Exotics (short hair Persiains) who also fosters cats of those two breeds.  She was cleaned up, taken to the vet for a health check and started on the road to recovery by this dear lady.  The first of October a co-worker called the lady looking for a new Exotic kitten.  The lady had several but they were newly born and not ready for adoption...but she said "I have this approximately 2 year old rescued Exotic that is ready to go to a new home."  My co-worker knew I was looking for a cat and so..to make a long story short, Gabi (Hebrew for "God Is My Strength") came to live with me on October 4th.  She is very small, about 6 pounds now and still on Kitten Chow dry food and one third can Fancy Feast twice daily. My vet wants her to have the Kitten Chow indefinitely as she still needs a little weight. She's settled in nicely and is a dear sweet little companion.  She sleeps at the end of my bed at night and doesn't bother me until the alarm goes off, then she walks round & round my head, purring loudly and making her little cat noises.  I think she's saying "Linda it's time to get up and fix my Fancy Feast." I have to believe that no one just threw her out...somehow she was lost and her owners could not find her.  I know the foster mom placed several ads in the Seattle papers and of course the Human Society has long lists of animals found either dead or alive, so people can be connected with their lost pets. I feel blessed to have her.    Until next time...Linda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture Gabi watching the birds & squirrel life ~ how could anyone abandon such a lovely kitten ~ maybe she was just lost ~ but she is lucky to have found you and you to have found her ~ she sounds a perfect companion ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

She is adorable Linda, how could anyone abandon such a beautiful creature?  I wonder if she was stolen from her original owners and somehow got away.  At least she is safe and loved now she has you to take care of her. :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Yes I saw Vals lovely cat, now yours too ,Gabi is gorgeous ,and shes the one you often mention when you say your off to bed with book and cat ,how lovely ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Gabi is so pretty. I can't believe anyone would abandon her. I'm so glad she has you now, I bet she is too!! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your kitty, she's beautiful .... as is the serene picture of her looking out at the world outside!   Judy, in CT

Anonymous said...

I have three cats myself, Fonzie, Prissie, and Simba, plus a dog, Mary Jane, and a male Beta named Edward Scissorfins.  We have a regular zoo around here!!!!!  Your Gabi is beautiful!  Did you know people with pets live longer?  I have a journal just for my fur babies.

http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/MyFurBabies

Blessings!~
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/