Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Flying Fish

Every year about this time "fish fly"......really they do.  Today was the first day that Alaska Airlines flew in fresh caught Copper River Salmon from the Copper River area in Alaska.  Seattle-Tacoma airport rolled out the red carpet for the first delivery that arrived about 7am this morning.  130,000 pounds were being delivered today, alone.  It's quite the deal here in the Pacific Northwest. The season is very short, so it will be available in every grocery store and restaurant until it's gone. I usually purchase a few fillets each year, it is good but I love salmon anyway so buy the regular stuff all the time.

It was another warm day here in the Pacific Northwest.  When I got home from work, my living room thermometer read 86 degrees.  I've opened up the doors and front window and cranked the living room fan up to high.  I worry about Gabi getting warm in this place but I think cats adapt to heat better than dogs do.  She has plenty of fresh water each day and if she'd just take off her fur coat, she'd be as cool as a cucumber! As soon as it cools down a little outside, I'm going to go out and mow the front lawn.

Since I'm the Grand Prize winner in Barbara's Photo Contest for today,(http://journals.aol.com/mastersblynn/ConfessionsOfAnAngelWaitress/entries/1308)   I will be spending the next couple months trying to figure out how to collect my prize.

I realized today that my journal celebrated it's 1st birthday on May 6th.  My how time flies when you're having a good time !!  It seems like only yesterday.

Until next time.....Linda

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda happy 1st birthday to your journal ~ Flying fish was interesting I had never heard about that ~ It is still quite cold here in the UK hoping to get some of that warm weather soon ~ Hope you manage to collect your prize lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Your flying fish story was interesting,and yes salmon is delicious,Happy aniversary of your journal ,You was one of the first US journals I read ,when I discovered 'blogs',cant believe its that hot there we are not having very warm weather at all ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your journal. I'm always telling Katinka to take her fur coat off, she doesn't need it indoors!! So you're off to collect your watermelon?! I love Salmon too, most of ours comes from Scotland. Enjoy the short season of the fresh Alaskan one! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Great entry and a Happy Belated Birthday to you and your journal!!  Time DOES fly, as well as fish!
Have a great one!
Barb