Monday, November 27, 2006

IT WASN'T TOO BAD

It was very slippery for about the first 4 miles going to work early this morning.  But after that the road was clear and no sign of snow anywhere.  (That's how weird our weather can be.....one end of town completely clear, the other end...snowed in.  The rain does the same thing.)  But even at the office it was very cold.  Then throughout the day we'd get snow for 15-20 minutes then you'd look out the window and it would be sunny...go figure.  I walked over to the hospital about 9:45 this morning and even though the wind was blowing and it was very cold, the sun was shining brightly in a blue sky with big fluffy white clouds.  A half an hour later it was dark and snowing.

After work today, I delivered the electric blanket to my son.  He looks better than I thought he would, the right side of his face is sort of a yellow color.  He said he thinks the right side outside mirror is what hit him in the side of his face...when he went to get the stuff out of his car, it was laying on the console where the shifter is located.  He called off work again tonight as he's still not feeling 100%, he said his face is still quite tender and he finds himself sleeping alot.  So it's better he's staying home, I guess.  His job is very physical and probably the longer he's off the better for the healing process.

Well, I'm going to go fix some dinner.  It's going to be early to bed this evening, not knowing what I'm going to face in the morning.  If the conditions are worse, I'll have to leave earlier than I did this morning.     Have a good evening,   Linda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird weather.  Hence why I love the sunshine and warm weather.  Hopefully my dream of moving to FL will come soon.   (Fingers crossed)   :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

My husband took me to work, it was pretty icy till we got to Renton.  The weather was the same at Southcenter as you said yours was today.  But it snowed quite a bit on the way home.  Probably a good thing your son is staying home and recupring, I think people don't give themselves enough time any more.  Drive careful in the morning.  Joni

Anonymous said...

We are all iced but we still have all the snow, too.  I am waiting for the predicted second snow fall, around here...Jae

Anonymous said...

Im pleased Jim is getting better,and taking more time to get him self over it ,..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Linda I am glad it wasn't to bad driving ~ it is weird weather ~ glad you delivered the electric blanket to your Son ~ he will appreciate it now that the weather is cold ~ Glad he is looking better but very sensible of him to call off work while he is sleeping a lot ~ and it will give him more time to heal ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to work OK this morning, Linda (reading this Tuesday PM my time), and your son should take sickleave until he is physically and mentally OK again.