Friday, April 20, 2007

FRIDAY EVENING UPDATE

We drove over to the Huntington Museum & Library but didn't go in. The admission prices were too high.  We looked around their gift shop and I wrote down some titles of books to look for on eBay after I come home.  So since we had the whole afternoon...we drove over to Hollywood.  What a zoo that area has become.  The old film stars would be horrified to see the weirdos that walk the streets there now.   We did see the beautiful Kodak Theater where the Academy Award Show comes from each year.  We walked along the sidewalk where the famous stars are...I took pictures of some of them.  Snow White even has a star.  And we stopped in front of Mann's Chinese Theater and I took a picture of John Wayne's square where his foot prints and signature are in the concrete.  We had pizza at a little hole in the wall place that's been there for over 50 years serving the famous and the not so famous.  It was rather cool but a great day to be out walking the sidewalks and we had our umbrella's for the occasional showers.  Anyway, I took more pictures again today...can't wait until I can post them.  I promise I won't post them all in one sitting.    :)

The sky is very black and angry looking this evening.  It's about 47 degrees and all the natives are freezing.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were thunder showers during the night. 

I guess we're going to spend the rest of the evening watching a movie here at home so....until next time, Linda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda!  There was sun here in Seattle today!  The weather is starting to warm up.   The Mariner's are playing down there at Anaheim against the Angels.  They aren't doing so hot....our pitchers are letting in a lot of hits.  OH well,  I still like going to Safeco field to watch them when I can.   You sure have been traveling..Hope you are enjoying yourselves...until you return to Seattle....wishing you sunny days and warm weather!  Maria from Seattle...   http://journals.aol.com/gotomaria/TheLittleThings/  

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all your photos.  It sounds as if you have had the trip of a lifetime!  Just wonderful!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I can see now its Huntington ,its funny what you' think' you read ! Iwould love to have been on that walk with you John Wayne wow ,9you once met him didnt you ?)enjoy your film ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the postcard which arrived yesterday, it meant a lot.

Anonymous said...

Linda sounds like you are having a great time ~ Would love to walk the sidewalks of Hollywood ~ really am looking forward to seeing your photographs ~ hope those thunderstorms if they did happen wern't too bad ~ have a safe trip ~ and almost forgot Thankyou for the postcard which I received yesterday ~ Ally x