Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Senior Moment

This one comes from my daughter, Julie.

My girlfriend called me as she was driving to an appointment. She arrived, and I could tell from her voice that she was getting frustrated. Finally she said, "I know I had my cell phone with me. And now I can't find it!"

I replied, "Aren't you talking on it!?"

There was a solid period of stunned silence as the reality of the situation sank in - followed by, "You are NOT going to tell anybody about this!"

That's a good one and I imagine it's really happened to someone out there.  :)   "Today I vow to clean the nasty mini-blinds in my living room."  YUCK, I just despise them, but can't afford to replace them.  So until next time....Linda

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha ,we wont tell anyone.... good luck with the blinds ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I can really believe that this has happened!  Good luck with the blinds. Know the feeling, there are lots of things we would like to replace but money will not allow.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!  That sounds like something a busy mother like me would do.... LOL!!!!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/

Anonymous said...

I truly have had somthing similar happen to me, can't remember what it was right now.  Of course.....  Sorry about your blinds, but you have a nice day to do it on.
I like the estate joke too.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Oh dearie me. Like saying "Where's my glasses - oh they're sitting on my nose" LOL

Anonymous said...

oh wait that happened to me once but it wasn't a phone but I can't remember what it was but I was using it and looking for it at the same time... now what was it.... lol...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

LOL Linda I have been looking for my glasses and realised I was wearing them LOL ~ these things do happen :o) ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

okay, one time my dog Jack and I were riding around. I went n to get something leaving the car running with the AC on for him. When I came back, I sat my purse on the hood of the still-running car and searched frantically for my keys...even went back into the store and asked if I left them there......
Marti

Anonymous said...

We all do silly things like that don't we?! I spent ages looking for my keys at work when I went to the locker room, I couldn't find them to open my locker, I looked everywhere only to find them in the locker room door! They had to be there else I couldn't have got to my locker in the first place! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/