Friday, October 12, 2007

It's Friday !

Hello out there in J-Land.  It's been a few days since I've posted an entry.  It's been kind of a busy week.  My left foot is still really bothering me..I finally went to the Urgent Care last Sunday afternoon because it was hurting so bad I barely slept Saturday night.  The doc sent me for an X-ray and there is a little bone at the base of my toe that's broken. They said I could "buddy tape" it to the next toe but that makes it hurt worse. So it's been left to heal on it's own. 

Monday afternoon Bob's cousin and her husband arrived here on their way back to their home in San Diego.  They had been up in the northern part of the state visiting his elderly uncle. We had a delightful visit with them and met Bob's brother and wife at a local restuarant for a lively visit over dinner.  They were pulling their totally restored Shatsa travel trailer.  It's so cute.  They also have a larger motor home but left it home this time. They were on their way, heading south on I-5 by 1pm Tuesday afternoon.  If we go south this winter, they want us to stop and visit them in San Diego. I'd be up for that !

At the suggestion of one of the readers of my journal, I finally got my Avon web site up and running.  I had been putting it off but it was actually easier than I thought, so I worked on that Tuesday afternoon.  If you're interested, follow the link; http://lshook.avonrepresentative.com/.   You can shop directly from there and Avon will ship your items out to you. 

I've been listing stuff on Craig's List for my neighbors and myself.  My friend Dianne & her hubby have been looking for a twin bed for their spare room. I put a "wanted" ad on Craig's List for them and by the following afternoon, they had one set up and ready to be slept in.  Now if some of my stuff would sell that fast. 

Also been doing some eBay listing.   Bob and I stopped at the Goodwill last night and I purchased a few things there to list this weekend.  

Wednesday I spent most of the day cleaning the mini blinds on my sliding glass door.  I couldn't figure out how to undo them, so I could take them out in the yard and clean them there, so I had to clean them while the were hanging and then of course once that was done, the glass behind them had to be cleaned.  I'm going to try and get the new drapery rod hung today or tomorrow and then I can put up the new insulated drapery panels I bought to cover that large area of drafty single pane glass.  I bought the drapery panels in a natural (off white) color so the winter sun will still shine thru, but the cold drafts will be stopped, to a certain degree.

Thursday, October 11th was Bob's 66th birthday. I went to a lovely retirement luncheon for one of the nurses I used to work with and then later in the evening took Bob out to dinner.  He's so hard to buy for that I got him a Goodwill Gift Card !  Yup, they have them now.  He was thrilled.  His youngest daughter and family gave him $40 in McDonald's gift cards and the package from daughter, Hope in California hasn't arrived yet so don't have a clue what that will be. But, she always hits the nail on the head with what she purchases for gifts.   Saturday we're going to his birthday dinner out in Orting at another daughter's house...and he talks about me dragging my birthday out for days.  LOL !    October 11th was also the 67th birthday of my dear cousin, Susie, down in Lincoln , CA.   I sent her card but forgot about the Columbus Day holiday (no mail) so wasn't sure if she'd get it in time for her special day.  So I called her yesterday morning to extend birthday wishes.  She was so cute...she said "I just love my birthday, because the phone rings all day long."   Her neighbors were taking her out to lunch and she had plans for several other lunches and dinners out over the weekend.  One year she was here at my house on her birthday, so I had dinner and birthday cake for both her and Bob.

One of our AOL Journalers is on the move.  Robin, (who's an Air Force wife), her husband Michael and daughter Gabby  are being transferred from northern California (where they've been just about a year) to Florida.  Robin has a journal that she started when they were transferred from their last base to northern Califronia.  It's called     "Tales of a Trailer Park Princess."  She is a fantastic journaler and everyone who read of their escapades as they traveled last year enjoyed her "tales."   I hope those of you who might be new to journaling and haven't met Robin, will log onto her travel journal and follow along as they make this move to Florida.  They plan to leave their present location Saturday (October 13th) morning. Michael, Robin, Gabby and Princess we pray for your safety as you make this journey across the country to your new base.  And we look forward to your comical entries. 

We've had rain off and on here in western Washington this week...fall is definitly here.  The night temperatures are dropping into the 40's and the highs during the day sometimes reach into the 60's.  The leaves are turing color and falling like crazy.  My neighbor is out with his leaf blower on a daily basis.  He even blows out my carport nearly everyday.  What will I do when he leaves for their new home in Missouri in November?  Not only will I miss the best nighbors I've ever had, but I will miss his acts of kindness, especially those acts that include his leaf blower.

I hope everyone has had a good week...and that you all get out and do something fun over the weekend.   I'm looking forward to Monday...Bob and I are going to make a trip to Ikea.  It's a ways from here and this is only the second time I've been there, so I'm excited.  Joni...do you & Floyd what to join us there for a meatball lunch? Let me know.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday greetings to Bob and Susie! The little travel trailer is known as a caravan over here or if you live in Devon they're called Grockle boxes! A grockle is Devon and ornwalls term for a tourist! I hope your toe heals, we never give our toes a thought till they hurt do we?! Have a good weekend! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((LINDA))))))))))))))))))))Sounds like you been busy,glad you had a good visit with friends.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Boy you have been busy.  Sorry I was kind of busy today and just read.  Really Ikea is not one of my favorite places, bad experience there once.  Maybe somewhere else sometime.  I'm so sorry about your foot, hope it's feeling better real soon.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Take care of that foot! {{}}
Happy you had a nice visit with Bob's relatives.  :)
Happy Belated BD to Bob!
Have a good wkend.
Hugz,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I loved catching up with you this morning Linda.  You lead such a busy and interesting life.  I never thought of going to charity shops to find stuff to sell on e-bay.  That probably wouldnt' work for me though because I'd want to keep it all myself!!!  Hope your foot feels better soon!  Have a great weekend!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

So very sorry that foot is still giving you trouble .It doesnt seem to hold you up you are always busy doing some thing or other ,Happy Birthday to Bob ,he's as old as me now lol ...the caravan is so cute  and Bob and his Brother so alike ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling us about your Avon site I will have to check it out...and also thank you for telling us about the journal of the ones who are moving to another base...I will be checking that out too...thanks for sharing...June:)

Anonymous said...

Hope your toe is better soon...
Wow that Craig's list is amazing, son1 showed it to me once but never checked it out...
I wish I could figure out how to unhook the miniblinds so I could take them down for a good soak, I'm sure they do...
Happy Birthday celebrating Bob!
I miss Robin already....
Have a great Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hidy ho!  We are in AZ now but our journey here was not smooth!  I have been trying to post an entry but for some reason it won't work.  Hmmmph!  Princess had to go to the 24 hr ER when we arrived in AZ.  She had been yelping out in pain all night Friday night and most of the day Sat while we were driving.  It has been horrible.

The vet said it is her knees...or so she thinks.  Seems it is a typical problem for her breed and another vet did tell us about a year ago she might have problems.  She was given some form of animal morphine and sent home with us and some more drugs.  We will have to set a vet when we get to Florida to see what our game plan will be...after tests are done she may need daily medication or surgery.

This Vet we saw here thinks her knee is poping out of joint causing her severe pain.  And boy let me tell you... Princess lets you and the world know she is in pain.  It is the most horrible LOUD high pitch scream I have ever heard.  It is breaking my heart and I have cried so much the past few days wishing and praying for her to get better.  Her pain medication seems to work but wears off before we are allowed to give it to her again...so we go thru a time period that is just miserable.  None of us are sleeping much, she seems to get very vocal at night.  The doc thinks she also may be a bit of a drama queen and knows how to get our attention with all this...I think she is right but it isn't something I can just ignore.

Anyway...sorry for such a long comment.  Pray for our baby and I will write more when I can.  Thanks for the text messages...it made my day.  xoxo