Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Only in the Pacific Northwest~

Wednesday started out cold and gloomy and now at 3pm, the sun is shining and it's warmed up.   I just got the weather email from KOMO TV in Seattle and it sort of sums up our weather.  I love this guy's logic !!  "Dry weather credits!" 

Dear Linda,
I wonder what kind of interest rate sunshine is getting these days...

No scientist will ever go along with this, but I've always pictured our climate around here has having a sunshine bank. We're allotted so many sunny days a year (on average, about 58) with the vast majority of them expected in the summer. When we get a rainy day in the summer, it means then we've saved up a sunny day for use in the winter -- or at least a dry day.

You might recall the summer of 2006, we overdrew. We had very little rain, and plenty of sun. So we had to pay it back with the wettest fall/winter in several years.

On the other hand, this past summer wasn't exactly the sunniest around, and thus we still have some sunshine in the bank, which we've spent a little of these past few days.

But the balance is getting a little low, so it's time to start saving again.

The showers from today are tapering off and should be just about gone by this evening. In their wake, it'll be a mostly cloudy night, with lows near 40.

Another front is approaching the area, but now it looks like it's going to hold off in the Puget Sound area until later in the day. We could see a few initial showers north of Everett through the morning, but everyone else should hold dry until rain develops along the coast by afternoon or early evening, and then spreading into the I-5 corridor by around 10 p.m. Highs will actually be mild thanks to some warm air being pulled in ahead of the front. Most areas should get into the upper 50s, but wouldn't be surprised to see a 60 out there.

Rain changes to showers Friday morning, and then the rest of the day will feature isolated showers and sunbreaks. Temperatures will cool back to near 50.

Our next wave of rain comes in late Friday and lingers through most of Saturday before changing back to showers Saturday evening. Should be some mountain pass snow with this one too. Afternoon highs will be inthe upper 40s.

We might sneak back to the dry weather well for Sunday, as the next storm coming in appears now it will head to our south into Oregon and perhaps leave us dry, or just a few light showers mainly south of Olympia. I'm still putting a few drops on the extended just in case, but it's feasible Sunday will end up dry. Still chilly though, with highs near 50.

Rain returns to our area for Monday as the next system makes no such turn to the south. We'll change back to showers Tuesday, and then, just maybe, another dry day next Wednesday.

Eh, I guess we might as well spend our dry weather credits now. Not like investing it in the stock market would do much good these days :)

Updated Wednesday 1:50 p.m. more...

Sincerely,
KOMO 4 Weather Producer Scott Sistek

I spent about an hour with my shop vac cleaning the carpet on the porch outside my front door today.  It was covered in leaves and icky stuff off the cedar tree out in the front yard.  Hopefully it will stay somewhat clean  because I'm getting sick of that stuff tracking in the house.

Then my neighbor came over and asked me to take pictures of his 1982 Mazda and post it on Craig's List for him.  So with the sun shining we got some good pictures.  They are getting ready to move to Arkansas.  Yes, I'm loosing another neighbor.  Is there anybody out there that want's to relocate to an over 55 mobile home park in the beautiful Pacific Northwest?  I'd love to have you for a neighbor. 

Well, the dryer is buzzing, telling me a load of clothes are done so I guess I better go get them folded and put away.  Have a nice evening......Linda 

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, you get your own personal email from the weather man. I am impressed. He seems friendly too. It has turned cold in the Philly area we could even get down to freezing tonight in the Surburbs and I have cold weather. Bill

Anonymous said...

Something about the weather drove my sinus's crazy today.  Feel a little better tonight.  Hope all your neighbors don't move.  Hope all goes well with your company.  Joni

Anonymous said...

This time of hear fighting the leaves is somewhat of a losing battle I find!  but one that I must persevere with!  It's finally snapped cold here.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're losing another neighbour Linda, you'll soon have the park to yourself! Lol! I like the idea of having sunny days in the bank to use in the winter! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels  

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be your neighbor; however, I do not qualify, yet.  If you are still living there in 10 years, I will seriously consider it!  Any pet boarding facility around there?  Jae

Anonymous said...

Linda I enjoyed reading your e~mail from the weather man ~ hope you will get some nice neighbours when the ones you have now move to Arkansas ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I would love to relocate to anywhere warmer than here. Unfortunately, I have moved so many times that I don't think I could handle another upheaval at the moment.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

Wow your losing yet another neighbor...that's to bad....June

Anonymous said...

Too bad you are losing another neighbor ~ unless you have alot of room for the critters & lower the age I'll have to pass on moving in.  It would be a delight to have you as a neighbor though.  :)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Your life sounds so much like mine.  LOL.  Lots of leaves being tracked in, gloomy sky and the dryer buzzer just went off.  Are we living in a paralell universe?  LOL
Kathy

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE ONE OF MY FAVORITE LINDAS IS YOU!!!!!! XOXbARB

Anonymous said...

Hi LInda we live in a steet that like your trailer park with a similar age group and we love it! How long does it take on the plane to get to you?? lol!
bella x

Anonymous said...

Linda, you said I would have to start dressing like you, LOL, in my entry.  What makes you think I don't dress warmly, LOL.  I wear my coat in the house all day long, as well as a sweatshirt.  Well, right now I have a turtleneck and a wintercoat on, LOL.  And to bed I wear my wintercoat over my clothes or my pagamas, LOL.  And I always have my socks on, LOL!

Love,

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink