I took my grand daughter, Meghanne, out to the Fair grounds today to pick up her entries for the Puyallup Spring Fair which ran this past weekend. She did very well. She placed on all of her entries. So here goes;
1. pencil drawing of a lady with a big hat (I don't have a pictures of that)-3rd place
2. spring decorated sugar cookies-2nd place
3. spring decorated shortbread cookies-2nd place
4. orange poppy seed scones-1st place
5. knitted lavender purse-1st place (she taught herself to knit by going on Google.)
6. clothespin doll-2nd place (only because she forgot to glue the dress in place & it twisted on the clothes pin)
7. chocolate fudge-1st place, winning not only a ribbon but a gift basket from Seattle Fudge Company.
Again, her photographs are up in the picture section of this entry.
She will be 16 in July so she is no longer eligible to enter in the Spring Fair. But, she is more than welcome to enter as an adult in the big fair in September. The women who were there today, when we collected her ribbons, etc. all encouraged her to keep on keeping on. Several of the women judge the quilts in the big Fair and today I just happened to give her some fabric I got for her in Alaska last summer. So she has plenty of time to plan out a quilted wall hanging or a small quilt between now and the middle of August when the quilt items can be entered at the Fair grounds.
Congratulations Meghanne, I am very proud of you !!!