Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Time To Build An Ark


The whole of western Washington is being deluged with heavy rains. Rivers and creeks are flooding, people are being evacuated from their homes. It's just a nightmare ! I'm so glad I live in a spot where I don't have to worry about floating away.


It took until yesterday to recover the car that went off the road last Friday morning into the Green River near Auburn. A 16 year old girl was driving two family members ~ a 2 yr old to day care and a 13 yr old to school for her aunt, who had just had surgery. The 16 yr old driver managed to escape the submerging car but the other two didn't. The river is running so swift and deep that rescue/recovery efforts were hampered. The little one was still in the car but the other teenage was not. With this heavy rain continuing it may be awhile before they are able to recover his body. Such a horrible ordeal for all concerned.


I had a dentist appointment this afternoon. Just a cleaning and x-rays. I'm happy to say that Linda is a good girl and brushes & flosses like a fool so there are no new cavities. YEAH !!!!!!!!!!! My one bad habit & hard on teeth~drinking an occasional soda, once again hasn't done any damage.


I posted another entry on my travel Blog today. It took forever! I even left in the middle of it & went to the dentist. I sat there in the chair thinking how upset I was going to be if the thing timed me out & disappeared. So I was happy to see it was still there, partially finished when I arrived home. It seems to take forever to get pictures loaded and into the right spot on your entry. I don't think it was like that in our "other life" (AOL journals)


Well, that's all for now...I'm off to fix some dinner. Linda
If you don't have the link to my travel blog, you can find it at; http://packyourbagsletsgo.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

DB said...

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Linda, about that "occassional" soda. I have nothing to brush or floss.

Sorry about all the rain, nature is doing strange things to all of us. It's winter here in PA. Spring wil probably come some time in January.
DB

Monica said...

I drove past the river today and it was filled with tree's. It was something to see and the river was swollen so I can imagine how it is in areas.

I'm thinking it's time for me to head back to Puerto Vallarta where it's about 80 degrees this time of the year. ::sigh::

Monica

Linda said...

Our lakes & Rivers are full too, I wonder what will happen in spring with the snow melt?
I have a bad habit of Diet Coke drinking....I know, it's bad. Glad your apointment went well though :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

betty said...

that was sad about that young girl and the tragedy with that :(

glad your appointment went well :)

so much rain! too bad we can't find a way to bring it down here to rain deprived So. California

stay warm and cozy

betty

garnett109 said...

I hate flooding!

Kelly said...

You can keep all that rain there. It sounds like you may need to share it with someone though with all the flooding. Glad you had a good report at the dentist. :) Thanks for posting the link to the travel blog. I will have to go check it out. Hugs, Kelly

sober white women said...

We could sure use some rain here, but not that much. I do hope that the find the missing person.
Kelli

Linda said...

What a very sad story about the car going into the river. That poor family. I hope the rain lets up soon. Linda

Jan said...

That car story is so sad ,you are a clever girl going to the dentist and no treatment needed ,We are having lots of rain too yuk ..love Jan xx

Lori J said...

Hi Linda, I just was not aware of the amount of rain they are having. I must call my friend in Seaside to see how they are. Their trailer is along the riverbank so who knows.

I so enjoy your blog. Hubby has gone to town and I MUST get something accomplished today.

Still reeling from the fact OUR insurance will have to pay for the damages done to our trailer.

Love and hugs

Lori (Alberta)

Carly said...

Hello Linda :)

Nice to meet you! Thank you for your warm comment this fine day on my blog Ellipsis! :) I have just had a look around here, lovely blog by the way, and enjoyed my visit very much! I will now hop over to your travel blog and have a look see! :)

All my best, Carly

Trees said...

I love your blog it looks really great i have one but have no idea what to do with it and every time i leave a comment in someone else's it does not work i am ready to give up and throw it all in the garbage.

Lisa said...

I thought of you while the Weather Channel was talking about all the rain you guys were getting.

I am heading over to your travel site now.

Robin said...

What a sad story...

Jeannette said...

I'm so sorry about the kids who were killed in the accident. Are they allowed to drive at 16? You have to be 17 over here. I load my photos into my journal with Photobucket, it only takes a few seconds per photo. I do five at a time and it takes about 30 seconds. I find an entry only takes half an hour that way! The time it takes to upload them into Photobucket is more but I do that while I'm doing something else or getting ready for work. Have a great weekend! Jeannette xx