Thursday, December 4, 2008

FOOD FRIDAY


I've posted this recipe before but decided to repeat it since the Christmas holiday is getting closer and it's perfect for your Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner.


Cranberry Jello Salad

one 6 ounce box of raspberry jello

1 cup very hot water

1 can whole cranberry sauce

one 16 ounce can crushed pineapple (drain & save the juice)

2/3 cup saved pineapple juice

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


Mix all of these ingredients well and then pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan and chill until firm. Several hours before serving; mix one 12 ounce package of whipped cream cheese and 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Spread over the top of the already chilled jello mixture and refrigerate until dinner.

This salad is so very good. I have made it a couple times since first getting the recipe from my friend Judy and it's always well received.

I have finally finished my Christmas cards. I'm not sending as many out this year as I have in the past, but I still had so many that needed a note, so I wrote a basic letter in WORD. And then added and subtracted to make each letter suitable for the individual who would be receiving it. Oh, do I ever love my computer & WORD, especially this time of the year. My next step is wrapping~which I always dread. But I want to get it done, so I can relax the week before Christmas. Until next time..linda

8 comments:

Linda said...

I need to get going on my christmas cards! Linda

Rjet33 said...

Whew! Christmas Cards! Gahhh. We have so much family it takes me forever to get them done, let alone getting to friends. At least my daughter is old enough now I can ask her for help. Your blog looks great!

Merry Christmas!~

Susan

P.S. Salad sounds yummy. Will have to give it a try.

Frances said...

Your recipe sounds yummy, Linda. I will try it for Christmas.

I got my Christmas cards mailed today. I think it is the earliest I have ever mailed them. I cut my list down again this year, so it didn't take so long to get them ready.

sober white women said...

I love that picture! I wish I had some of my old pictures. Maybe my mom will give me some.
Kelli

Alice said...

Hi Linda. Really like the recipe and it sounds easy to make :).....

betty said...

thanks for the recipe, Linda; it does look good!! I'm with you with Word and writing letters; I wrote to 3 people; 2 service men and another lady through Chemo Angels/Senior Angels. I type one letter and then just cut and paste and add what I want to personalize it for the 3 of them. Saves time and my handwriting is so terrible that if I hand wrote it, they wouldn't be able to read it

seems like you are getting all ready for Christmas!!!

betty

Melanie said...

OMG!! this is my favorite recipe!!

i leave out the nuts tho...lol


Melanie

Linda :) said...

This sounds yummy....
I'm still working on the cards and then it's on to wrapping.... Then just sit back and enjoy the season...