Sunday, December 21, 2008

Two More Sunday Night Pictures


Tonight just before 10 o'clock I opened the mini blinds and looked out the front window. Wow ~ it looked like a winter wonderland....I grabbed my old camera, spread the blinds apart and snapped these two pictures. It is so beautiful! But I'm ready for it to go away, now. It causing too many problems for some people.



This is that big cedar tree in my front yard. I hope none of the branches break off from the weight of the snow. It has been snowing here for over 8 hours now.
We watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on the Canadian TV station. After the movie was over, their news came on. It seems most of Canada is experiencing the same icky weather.

11 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Apparently they were expecting a big snow storm in Nova Scotia where I am from as well. NO snow here, just fog . . .

Monica said...

About the time you took that photo, Sonny and I were taking his mom home and we snapped a few photos from the car that I posted. After we got home about 10:30 we took a walk - it was so peaceful and beautiful. I suppose this is causing problems for some, I haven't heard of anyone but, I haven't heard the news this weekend either.

Monica

garnett109 said...

Great pics

betty said...

its so pretty!! I liked how when we lived in Montana and snow was on the ground, how it lit up the night with the reflection of the snow off the moon's light. I'm with you though; if your area isn't used to it; its time for it to move on

betty

Kelly said...

Everyone is getting snow now. It looks so darn cold! Brrr! Your current temperature on your sidebar is actually warmer than ours though. It got down to 17 last night with a wind chill of 8 or something like that. Its only 21 here now. The pictures are still pretty though. :) Love, Kelly

Jan said...

It all looks lovely on pictures ,Linda but reality is something else ..have a peaceful ,wonderful Christmas ..love Jan xx

Sandra said...

It looks gorgeous Linda, just like a Christmas card. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Julie said...

It is so pretty. My cedar trees seem to do well even with a ton of snow so hopefully it will not break. I like the shot with the light on, so pretty.

Barbara said...

Beautiful pictures. I agree with you I am ready for it to go away though. The roads weren't bad this AM, but since then it melted some and it has snowed for several hours and is 16 degrees, Sounds like a mess tomorrow morning to me.
Barbara

nancy said...

wow, you got alot of snow and we did here in Norteast.brrr. It's cold, Anyway, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.
Nancy

Lori J said...

Yes dear Linda, we are still in a deep freeze up here and I am so thankful to have a warm place to go to as many on the streets are not so fortunate.
Have a great holiday and look forward to a Happy and blessed New Year.
Give our regards to Bob.

Love Lori