Salmon Enchiladas (serve with green salad)
one 14.75 ounce can pink salmon, drained & bones removed
one 4 ounce can mild, diced green chilies
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1-1/2 cups low fat sour cream
1-1/2 cups shredded, low fat cheddar cheese
1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
8 flour tortillas
8 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
1-1/2 cup enchilada sauce or salsa picante
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Mix first seven ingredients in a large bowl, reserving 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
3. Place approximately 1/2 cup of the filling down the center of each tortilla and top each with 1 teaspoon cream cheese.
4. Fold tortilla over filling from each end and each side to enclose filling and place, seam side down in oiled 9" x 13" baking dish.
5. Pour enchilada sauce to cover tortillas and cover with foil.
6. Bake approximately 45 minutes until sauce is bubbling and enchiladas are slightly browned. Remove foil, sprinkle reserved cheddar cheese on top and return to oven for about 5 minutes.
I got this recipe from the hospital a couple weeks ago~it's supposed to be a heart healthy meal.