Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday is Movie Day

I had to go alone today, because my movie going friend Barbara couldn't make it. But what a movie....'The Soloist' is without a doubt the best movie I've seen in a long time. Based on the true story friendship of Nathaniel Ayers (a homeless man in Los Angeles) and Steve Lopez (a reporter for the Los Angeles Times). I absolutely recommend this movie to everyone out there.

Here's a link to a report that Morley Safer did on these two men and their very unusual friendship.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lopez-skidrow-nathaniel-series,0,1456093.special

Bravo to Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey, Jr for their remarkable performances!

1 comment:

Marie Rayner said...

I had not heard of this film Linda. Thanks so much for recommending it. I shall be sure to look out for it!