Friday, October 1, 2010

Food Friday

It's that time of the year when fresh garden produce is plentiful.  And in certain areas one thing that grows like weeds is zucchini.  Here's my favorite recipe for zucchini bread.

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup oil (vegetable, canola but not olive oil)
2 cups peeled & grated zucchini
3 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Beat eggs until foamy. Add oil, sugar, zucchini  and vanilla. Mix lightly. Add sifted dry ingredients.  Mix together and pour into greased loaf pans. (This recipe should make two full size loaf pans or three smaller size loaf pans). Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 mins.  The smaller pans will take about 50 mins.

3 comments:

Missie said...

Would you believe me if I told you none of my zucchini grew this season? Well, it didn't. Not one. LOL

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Have a good weekend.

Lavada Dee said...

I think this was a good year for weed only. It's been years since I've made zucchini bread and this recipe reminded me of how much I like it.

Lavada

TARYTERRE said...

Sounds delicious. I'm going to have to try your recipe. Thanks for posting it.