Friday, October 8, 2010

FOOD FRIDAY

As fall comes and goes and winter sets in, we'll be serving more soups including chili.  Here's a quick and easy recipe for the perfect side dish for chili~corn bread.

CORN BREAD
2 eggs
1cup sour cream
1/4 cup oil
1 14.75oz can of cream style corn
2 boxes Jiffy corn bread mix 8.5oz.
Butter a 9x13 pan.  Set a side.  In med. large bowl  beat the eggs. Add the sour cream,oil and creamed corn. Mix well.  Add 2 pkgs of the corn bread mix and mix well. Pour the batter into the 9x13 buttered pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. ... Test with toothpick in center of cornbread to see if it is done.   Good served with chicken chili, regular chili or Taco soup. Enjoy!

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the way this simple recipe was jazzed up with sour cream and corn. I think I'll have to try it this way. Sounds delicious! Happy Friday!

Jimmy's Journal said...

Now that sounds mmmmm good!

Jimmy

Sharon said...

Love me some homemade cornbread. I think I finally found the cornmeal that I like! TendaBake!

Unknown said...

Hello Dude,


I love this image it's beautiful I set it as my background!Informative post, this is. It is always nice to come across a post that is useful.


Gantt Chart