Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday Morning Question

Monday Morning Question from Krissy at; http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink/

       

Our question this morning comes from Kathy of A Little Left of Center II.  She will soon create her family Christmas newsletter and wants to know if it is worth it.      

Kathy's question is:

I am getting ready to write my Christmas Newsletter and I was wondering:   "What Do People Think About Christmas Newsletters?"    Do they read them?  Toss them?  Think they are braggy?  Boring?
 
Personally I have always liked them and I enjoy receiving them and I've been writing one for years.  Before I had a computer, I hand wrote a note inside each Christmas card that went to family members or friends out of town.  But since a computer came to live at my house, I've resorted to that. (Besides my hands are old & tired, so the computer is a God send.)   And the way I do it is to go into Word, write a basic letter and then I can personalize & modify it for each person.  I print it out and when it says "Save" I just click no, then I have my basic letter back again.  I've also simplified my Christmas card addressing.  Originally it takes a little time but after that it's a snap.  Again in Word I make a label for each person on my list, and save the labels as"Christmas Labels."  If someone moves I can just go in and change the address, so that's no problem. When the time comes, I print them out on the clear address labels you can buy at Office Depot or where ever and slap them on the envelopes.  Some addresses like the ones in England are too long for this process so those are hand addressed.  I love to send cards, I send approximately 70-80 each year (I got that from my mom I guess) and I enjoy each and every one that comes into my mailbox. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))That is kewl.Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Linda, you are so organized. I can't imagine what it would be like to live with you. I lead a happy go lucky life with no structure or plans.  I do no Christmas cards and still get about 50 each year. Guess they are waiting to see them returned mrked "Deceased". To each his pwn, have a nice planned organized week. Bill

Anonymous said...

You are organized, plus how much do all those stamps cost.  I guess you can think of it as a little Christmas present.  I haven't done that for years, because of the retail thing.  But I only get one or two cards also.  Maybe, who knows, maybe I'll send some this year, but I'm not saying for sure.  You're a special person.  have a good day, Joni

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda!  How refreshing to hear an answer such as yours!  You put such love and time into making sure each person gets a letter and/or card!  You are a dear!  You have the spirit of the season, and know the reason for the season!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I always do over a hundred Christmas cards, the number seems to grow each year. I never do a Christmas newsletter though. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda you do such wonderful things!   I only send out about 5 cards each year ~ now my mom...well her list in like yours!!  I hate to say this but last year we only received about 10 cards, if that.  I guess once I stopped sending alot people did the same.  You do such neat things.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I like your idea about customizing your letters.  I'm going to do that this year instead of printing them all at once and adding a note on the bottom.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

I love getting them - I read every word!

Anonymous said...

I've always enjoyed getting christmas Newsletters.  I look forward to them every year.  It's always nice catching up with people and all the goings on in their lives.  I love it when they include photos as well!  that's like the icing on the cake!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I am one of 13 and have gotten a bit lazy.  I still send out about 45 Christmas cards a year not to mention birthdays, Thanksgiving and anniversary's.   Its very hard to keep up.  Last year my wife bought <a href="http://www.superiorlabels.com">return address labels</a> from a local Iowa company when we ran out of ink on our printer.  It is very nice to not have to write our names down a hundred times a year.  I think we paid less than nine bucks total, either way we still haven't  figured out how to get around writing out their names and addresses.  Can you say hand cramp.

Anonymous said...

I am one of 13 and have gotten a bit lazy.  I still send out about 45 Christmas cards a year not to mention birthdays, Thanksgiving and anniversary's.   Its very hard to keep up.  Last year my wife bought return address labels from a local Iowa company when we ran out of ink on our printer http://www.superiorlabels.com.  It is very nice to not have to write our names down a hundred times a year.  I think we paid less than nine bucks total, either way we still haven't  figured out how to get around writing out their names and addresses.  Can you say hand cramp.